February 06, 2015

Day 60 - BLU Win Jr Update 8.10.14226.359


The BLU Win Jr had an update waiting for me to install this morning. It shows as Windows 8.10.14226.359.

So far what I've noticed with the new update...

1) New Cellular Data toggle that you can add to the Notification Centre. I'm in Canada using Bell Mobility as my carrier. Pretty handy.

2) Bluetooth Notification Centre toggle actually toggles on/off now. It used to take me to the settings page for bluetooth.

3) The Weather Channel app live tile works now. Before it was stuck on the logo and never showed the weather even after many device restart. I still prefer the AccuWeather app because of the transparent live tile.

4) Netflix video playback still doesn't work for me. Still getting the error code Q8156-887A0004. I've done the usual uninstall and reinstalling the app and playing around with the region settings. I have some more troubleshooting ideas that may take some time but stay tuned for an update on that. Netflix did work for me when I first setup the phone, but then I formatted the device and did some region/language settings to get Cortana to work and Netflix hasn't worked since.

If I notice anything about the battery life, I'll write an update. But I usually average about 36-48 hours after a full charge.

I was hoping the Xbox Music live tile problem would get fixed, but I'll wait for the next one or Windows Phone 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment